Eye Envy

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used Eye Envy for tear stain prevention/removal? I have a flame point Himi and have used it on and off since he was a kitten. It's probably the best stuff I've used and I haven't had any issues. But I read some reviews before this last time that I purchased the liquid (I have plenty of the powder) and there were a few scary reports of bad reactions. Could have been user error but just wondering if anyone has used it and if they had any problems.

Thanks

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used it off and on for the 15+ years I have been showing my cats. Never an issue. I now use a formula similar to Eye Envy that I make at home - much less expensive and works just as well. I do like the Eye Envy powder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks posiepurrs posiepurrs . I think I'll continue to use it. With one cat, it's not too expensive to just buy the stuff. Fortunately, I'm finding that I only need to use it every 4 or 5 days. A side benefit of changing his diet has been significantly less tearing.

jazee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My American Shorthair has a bit of tear staining mainly in one eye. The breeder who's a retired vet recommended the Eye Envy products. I bought the wash, stain remover liquid and the powder. I was apprehensive about the powder because seemed counterintuitive to me to put something that is going to stick to them and potentially cake up when the whole cause of the issue is a genetic duct drainage issue due to the somewhat flat face structure. But I guess it's not going in the duct.

Interestingly I started using the powder again and it really seems to help keep the stains down. Label says once the stain is down to use it just once a week. What do others recommend?

I'm about out of the stain remover liquid and I'm skeptical about the necessity of the wash versus just using warm distilled water? I'd really like the theme of simple/cheap/effective when it comes to any kind of treatments.

Curious if I'd probably get the nearly identical results with warm distilled water wash followed by the powder or if the EyeEnvy Wash and/or stain liquid are really worth continuing to use? The stain remover liquid and powder seem redundant to me.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting I didn't know such a product existed. Indy gets really nasty tear staining in her left eye (only the left) from tear duct scaring.