Eye color in kitten

jade14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten"s eyes have started changing from blue within the past week. At first they looked like they could be changing to green or yellow. Do they look like they will stay green?? I am thinking she is close to 8 weeks old now. I have only had a Siamese cat before and his eyes stayed blue!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is adorable! What is her name?

At this age it's difficult to know for sure about eye color. You'll have to wait and see how the color develops. Her eyes could end up green, yellow, gold, or even copper/orange... the only thing we can say for sure is that they are not going to be blue :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jade14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is adorable! What is her name?

At this age it's difficult to know for sure about eye color. You'll have to wait and see how the color develops. Her eyes could end up green, yellow, gold, or even copper/orange... the only thing we can say for sure is that they are not going to be blue :)
Thank you! Her name is Madison or Madi for short. So much fun watching her change as she grows!

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just want to say ... she is beautiful! ... I am watching my own kittens eyes ... it is so fun to speculate ... they could turn hazel too ... mine has brown/greenish eyes currently at 6 weeks ... "anything is possible eyes" ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jade14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just want to say ... she is beautiful! ... I am watching my own kittens eyes ... it is so fun to speculate ... they could turn hazel too ... mine has brown/greenish eyes currently at 6 weeks ... "anything is possible eyes" ...
Thank you! It is fun to see how they change!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it will probably change to the typical yellow/green. As is in yellow but sometimes might have some green in them. It can awhile to find out their true coloring. I found that Fynn had more green his eyes as a kitten, and his brother had more yellow. Fynn's eyes tend to have yellow with green in the middle, while Jethro has more yellow eyes. Ceriah had brown eyes at 7 weeks old and has a deep yellow/amber coloring.