Extremly Hyper Kitten

Joealexie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a two month old kitten I've had her since she was 3weeks old, I know normally kittens are active. I can have multiple play sessions throughout the day lasting 20-40min a sessions and she is still full of energy. When I pick her up to pet her she aromatically wants to play, the only time I can get to pet her is when she's drowsy. I have two other pets, an older cat and dog, the dog usually is the one that plays and grooms her. Meanwhile my I older cat just coexist with her. The only thing I'm worried is that what if her playfulness turn into aggression later on when she gets older.

kittycatruby1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wouldn't worry, growing up I had a super active and playful kitten that would run up the walls and sit on top of the doors every day and would always want to play (even though he played 24/7!), but he grew up to be a really calm cat who would sit on anyone's lap and love attention, even though he grew up with three other cats!

Letta

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No worries there! Just continue playing with her and make sure she has things to play with so she does not get bored but she will not be agressive. What you describe is pretty usual don't worry, mine was like that we used to say she had to mode:running and sleep and nothing in between. Now at 10 month old she is already way calmer but still has days where she wants to play for 4 hours straight.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have a normal kitten. Focus on the activities that are the most tiring and require running/jumping.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds normal. Just kitten proof EVERYTHING! ;) Buy her interactive toys (like balls on tracks, things on springs, cat tree so she has something to climb. Box forts are always appreciated. You can always ignore a hyper kitten if you are played out. My hyper punk I would lure onto my lap with a wand toy, pet him a few seconds and go back to playing. To this day my punk gets all snugly when he wants to play.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had kittens again I would get or buy cardboard boxes. Stack them to create a box tower/staircase. Cut holes in them of different sizes. Glue them in said stacked position because kittens are crazy. Put random toy in the box; to be alternated and placed in a different box each day. Let your kitten go nuts.

Lap lure : KONG Active Feather Teaser Cat Toy, Color Varies
Go play with yourself (they will out grow this toy.) : Catit Design Senses Circuit Cat Toy
What is that? : PetSafe Funkitty Twist N Treat Teaser Cat Toy
Perfect for throwing to watch a kitten chase: Petlinks Feather Flips Feathered Ball Cat Toy
Kitten love these jingly balls, buy lots. Hide half for when they cram the balls everywhere to be found a year later: Hartz Just For Cats Midnight Crazies Cat Toy, Color Varies