Extractions & Dental Appt. in August

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I had the same experience with stitches in my mouth years ago, and more recently on a small incision made on my scalp. Yes, I think that could be the problem. Depending on the type, it can be up to 4 weeks for them to dissolve. Will he let you look in his mouth since it has been a week since you saw the vet? You are almost at 4 weeks? All you can do is to keep an eye on Gus and if he seems to be in discomfort take him back for a reevaluation. I suppose it could be nerves becoming a little reactive or something obscure, but he was fine for a while and now seems in some discomfort.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lueyfufu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, we'll be at four weeks tomorrow.

He definitely won't let me look. I've never been able to get him to open up for me, so the best I can do is try to catch a glimpse when he yawns or when he's playing, which isn't really enough time to get a good look. (Adding this to list of things to get future kitties accustomed to when they're still young!)

He seemed to be eating a bit better by dinnertime last night, finished both breakfasts this morning, and just enjoyed a Tiki Cat puree treat. His behavior and litterbox activity seem normal, and he's even been extra zoomy the last couple of mornings.

Hubby suspected maybe Gus irritated his gums when he pulled on the springy doorstop (with his mouth) a few mornings ago. It's one of his tricks to wake me up if I haven't served breakfast early enough.

We're keeping an eye on him for now. If he shows signs of not wanting to eat again for more than a day, we'll call up the vet.