"Expired" Stella and Chewy's upsetting tummy?

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

What is a recommended probiotic? I've heard of Prozyme before. Is that one good?
I've been using Wholistic Feline Digest for the cats for almost two months. We tried two other probiotic brands previously but I like this one and I can see a difference, esp with my IBD Molly.

I read about it here:

http://www.naturalcatcareblog.com/2...or-feline-ckd-ibs-and-ibd-prevention-support/

Apparently, two of the strains of probiotics may help with kidney health.  It's affordable too.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll look into that one
I vaguely remember seeing a thread here on TCS about probiotic recommendations. I'll search for that.

Leroy's kidneys are fine, though at the check up last fall the vet noted that one kidney was smaller than the other
Might be a breed thing.

I think Leroy is starting to feel better
He woke me up like his usual self 
It was a little early but I got up anyways so I have time to give him the Flagyl, I tried mixing it in with various foods and baby food but Leroy just won't eat
It's just easier to slowly squirt the Flagyl into his mouth and wipe up the drool and foam as we go. Fortunately for me Leroy has a very short term memory so I don't have to worry about him catching on to why he's being put onto a counter with a syringe being poked at his mouth
Leroy had more normal looking poop last night
It was still softer than usual and still horribly stinky but it's much better than pudding. Only a cat owner would get excited over poop

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like lots of progress, LTS3, I'm glad Leroy seems to be feeling better! And yes, cats' very short short-term memories are a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have not. What is a recommended probiotic? I've heard of Prozyme before. Is that one good?
I use Netabiotics which was recommended by a few people on here and it works really well. I mix it in their AM raw meal every day for all my cats even when they aren't having digestion issues. Just my preference to giving them a daily digestion boost. 

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to start a new thread over on Health about probiotics.

crazy4beags

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to work for a pet supply store that sold raw food. The manager didn't catch a bag of raw food that was expired and it made the animal very very sick. Mind you it was over a year past due and not four months, but I wouldn't feed it to your kitty.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I threw out the Stella and Chewy's once Leroy got ill.

Leroy is feeling much better
Appetite is good, no more meatloafing / hunched over, and back to his usual annoying self
. And we finally have normal poop this morning lol
It was a lot of little pieces but normal and firm. Fingers crossed that the normal poop wasn't a one time thing. Three more doses of Flagyl left (he's starting to catch onto why I need him in the bathroom every morning
). The FortiFlora he has to take for a little while longer.