Experts to the rescue! I would like all your suggestions

chinadoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pretty please
. Since Noel (ChinaDoll) doesn't cover her poo in her litter box I "traded" her for Jason at my moms house. This will hopefully allow Noel to live happily at moms without Jason beating her up, and since Jason is a very clean cat (You have to literally dig for it to get his box clean) I am hoping that there will no longer be any issues with my roomates..

However, I'm not sure how Jason and Maverick (roomates cat that pees on other cats) will do together. My main idea is to just keep them separated as often as possible.

Since Jason and my dog Moonpie love to cuddle each other and groom each other I won't feel bad leaving them locked in my room because they'll have company and play time together.

In the event that Maverick does meet Jason [Maverick is out of town with my roomate at her family's place] is there anything I should look for behavior-wise other than hissing and ears back?

I don't want my cat pee'd on and I want things to go smoothly since I cannot find another place to live that is affordable and allows pets right now.

noisette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, wow, dominant much?

Is Mr. Wizzer fixed? I've never heard of a cat letting loose on another cat.

how bizarre....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chinadoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's fixed, but my roomate got him when he was only a few weeks old and hes declawed and one of her very tall friends accidentally held him up high when he was about 10 weeks old trying to be "like simba from the lion king" and the fan was on high that he was standing under.. then a week after that incident another huge friend of her with big feet stepped on him and broke his paw. This poor cat is absolutely psychotic.. I honestly wouldn't have kept it as a pet, not a happy cat ever. Anytime a cat comes in he pee's anywhere that cat has been and then tries to pee on the cat. Him and Jason have already started fighting through my bedroom door but im not having much luck finding a place to stay yet..

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow
Poor Maverick, he sounds totally traumatized.

My advice would be more for your room mate. I think you would not like it much (!) as one part of it would be not to allow roommates to bring other pets into Maverick's territory until his issues are helped because it's obvious he has some major problems to work through first. Second big piece of advice would be not to allow irresponsible friends near the pets ever again!!

However, since you are in this situation and your responsibility is first and foremost your pets well-being, I would do my best to keep the pets separated from Maverick. This means no contact: no touch, no see and as much as possible not even smell or hear. No accidents and oopsies with doors left ajar but extra care taken with barricades if needed. This would be best for not provoking Maverick, and in return not causing issues with your cat.

I see no real value trying to get them used to each others as long as Maverick has such huge issues that I assume are not dealt with otherwise?? If you plan to stay for long and if Maverick's owner is willing to work with the issues, then it's of course a different deal.

Personally I would be actively looking for other living quarters. If my pets were stressed about the confinement (it's great yours enjoy being together), I'd get Feliway for the cat as starters. If Maverick or your cat is provoking through door/walls I would leave radio on to create some noise-barrier when I was away. Then I'd make sure I give them plenty of quality stimulation when I am home.

Not sure if this is the response you wanted but IMO just do not see why you would try to introduce your cat to Maverick if there is no attempt to make Maverick better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chinadoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have taken my cat out of the picture until I can find a new place (may not happen until July next year
). My roommate decided that my cat was using her cats litter box (funny since my cat was behind a locked door his entire stay) I figured it would just be better to remove my pets from that situation since my roomate has proven herself a little bit crazed at the moment, but I wont go into that lol. I feel bad for Maverick, but I'm not "allowed" to touch him or anything according to his own rules..

he also attacks my dog, but my dog is staying.. he loves the black labrador that lives in the condo as well, so I dont feel bad keeping my dog here and its effect on his already overly-dramatic-mental state.. he just doesnt like her, he's going to have to get over that one sadly..

I'm keeping her out of his way of course, and won't do anything to patronize him purposely, she doesn't even look at him anymore and runs when he comes towards her. Its funny to watch because she is 46.4 lbs and he is only 14 lbs. I dont blame her though, I would run too if I was being chased by a psychotic declawed peeing cat!

As for dealing with Maverick's issues, she laughs when he bites my dog, which I think probably encourages him. She yells at him if he tries to come in our bedrooms (to pee) but all that does is make him wait until she isn't looking, instead of locking him up like we did with our dogs and cats, he is "King" of the condo, and she does nothing to stop his bad behavior and doesn't try to help him get past his fears..

She'll have guys over, the minute a male voice is heard the cat is under her bed, she laughs and says hes just scared of men.. doesnt bother closing her door or anything so the entire stay of the guest(sometimes up to four hours) her cat is stuck in fear under her bed.. The cat doesnt like me, probably because I smell like my cats from moms house. So I cant touch him or look at him without being hissed at or attacked. I can't help him.