Exorcism of cats?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After watching a Penn & Teller episode last night on exorcism, I wondered if you believe that demons can posess humans, how about cats? According to their survey most Americans believe in the devil and that a person can have demons inside of them. I wonder.

So, what about cats? Persi was bad all day yesterday, I mean BAD. He was in to everything and I finally gave up on using our desktop computer. He was just into everything, full of the devil, as they say. Was he full of the devil? Can cats be possessed?

After watching how easy it is to get the devil out of somebody, I decided to use the same technique on Persi. The impossible has happened. He is laying on the floor next to me and has been the perfect angel all day.

Coincidence? Maybe. BTW today is my first day helping out at the animal adoption center right up the street. Today I will be taking pictures of the cats and typing their names in so that I can study them tonight and make sure I have their names right.

If you have ever watched Penn & Teller's
you know that most of what I am saying is in jest but I still have my doubts. What I want to know is has anybody else felt they had a possessed cat?

Maybe I should exorcise each cat that is brought in! 100% placement should result...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I were going to take a shot in the dark (and that's what I'm best at--no one can criticize my aim!), I would say the funny weather had Persi stirred up. Or the impending meteor shower last night.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Animals (As well as humans) Can also be affected by the phases of the moon. I doubt the kitty was possesed. Though sometimes i wonder if it is possible as well.
lol

toki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is absolutely no such thing as demons. I have to say, people can be tempted to beleive in some really silly ideas, especially through a convincing source...but demons? Come on, use common sense.

Remember, cats are sensitive and can have some weird reactions. Your little guy could have gotten into some food thats not neccessarily cat-friendly. You mentioned earlier that he got into lots of stuff that day, maybe he liked the thrill of the hunt
. If he's not neutered, it could be a hormonal thing.
Maybe he was just having a bad kitty hair day.

Your cat was not possessed, nor will be, ever
. Looking to logical answers rather than far fetched fiction is a much better way to care for your kitty !
Regardless, I'm glad to hear he's back to normal.

tonya sitler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I too, have a very mischevious kitty!! My 6 month old male tuxie named Tipsy. This little guy gets into all kinds of mischief. He keeps life interesting. I do believe he's this way because I haven't had hum neutered yet.