Excessive pooping

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat that has gallbladder issues, chronic pancreatitis and possible IBD. We just went through a very rough patch during which I also tried to switch him to a better diet but eventually gave in and went back to Purina’s Gourmet Gold (Fancy feast). That’s when he stabilised, got back his appetite and stopped vomiting as much as he did. Unfortunately every attempt to change his food always had really bad consequences, mainly because he either refuses the food, gets weak and loses weight or he starts vomiting more.

However there is this weird pooping issue at the moment and it probably is because of the Purina (or might be cause his gallbladder isn’t working well). He started pooping 6 times a day and obsessively cleaning his crotch. Anal glands are not impacted, no bacteria in his urine, blood tests are all pretty good. Anything I could do to minimise the pooping? It’s not diarrhoea, but can be a bit softer sometimes, still formed though. It’s often kinda dark yellow in colour. I’m giving him digestive enzymes, pre/probiotics, liver supplement, ursodiol, when the poop gets softer I also add a pro-kolin paste. Low dose Prednisolone. I know that diet change would probably be a go-to answer but it honestly feels impossible right now. We went through literal hell where I thought I might need to put him down and I’m not willing to go through that again. He needs to be able to eat what he prefers but maybe something could help him digest it better

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi
Has your vet talked about B12, and/or a pre- and pro-biotic?
He’s on both! Daily oral B12 and a mix of prebiotics/probiotics/digestive enzymes. Gets occasional b12 shots as well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does he go outside and maybe picked up worms? Is he at risk of getting scalded from the constant poop - could you help clean him?
I take him out on a leash every now and then, but he’s dewormed now as well. However I do wonder if it happens that the dewormer doesn’t work the first time around and maybe needs another pill? I want to try and help him clean but he does get very aggressive if I try and touch the area. The vet checked his butt out and didn’t see anything apart from some mild irritation from him cleaning it constantly