Excessive Licking

judeez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a one year old Cornish Rex. I have noticed recently, that she licks herself constantly. Even when we are playing, she stops to lick herself. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for her, or what might be the cause? Lately, it doesn't matter, what I try to entice her to play with, that she usually loves, she has no interest. My cat has so many toys, my living room looks like a toy store. Thanks!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to see your vet. One of my boys (who is actually a Cornish Rex cross, as it happens - and yes they do like to be kept very busy with toys and interactive play!) has an issue with skin allergies and overgrooming.

If it is minor it could be that your vet recommends not to treat with medications unless it worsens - this is the case with my boy, he overgrooms on his legs and has some bald patches but it's not serious enough to treat with drugs, even though he looks a bit patchy.

But yeah vet visit for your girl to assess the situation. Best of luck :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

judeez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your replies! It is strange, because now she seems better. I think it might have been a new blanket, that a friend gave me, and it needs to be washed. I have a vet technician friend, who comes to do my little girl's nails, and I will ask her, if she believes, I should take my kittie kat to the vet. But, thank you again!