Excessive Gas

jaspurr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a new rescue kitten (Pepper) five months old. He has very foul smelling gas. A week or so ago he had a bout of vomiting with diarrhea lasting about six hours. He had the gas for a few days before that too. Now the gas is back and I’m afraid the vomiting will come back as well. Any advice would be helpful.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on rescuing Pepper! I am sorry that you are dealing with that uncomfortable issue. Has Pepper had a thorough vet check including for giardia? It could also be food sensitivity especially if there are common glutens such as wheat or grains, especially corn, in the food. Some cats have difficulty with peas and chicken. And the thickeners such as any of the gums (xanthan, guar, kelp) can also cause gas. Meanwhile, I would ask the vet about adding a good probiotic and L-lysine for immune and digestive support. Please let us know how how the situation is going for you. I am sure that more members with better advice will be along soon!
P.S.....we LOVE to see pics!:camera::gingercat::clapcat:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How long have you had Pepper? Did he have gas issues all along, or has this been a more recent change?

I agree with catsknowme catsknowme regarding food sensitivities, especially if Pepper has been thoroughly checked out by a vet.

Were there any food changes that occurred before the last bout of gas/diarrhea/vomiting - and, again now with the gas?