Evolve

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any thoughts on this food? I am looking to make a switch to something, and this one seems affordable with their breeder program and what not. And it passed the Dutchy test with a sample from the pet expo i got this weekend. she also liked the Katz n Fluken by solid gold, but it made her gasey.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've only fed two flavours, but one of them didn't go over too well. I think it was a fish flavour, but I'm not sure. It was the kitten formula that went over well, even though it was meant for just Molly, lol. The other flavour was eaten only half-heartly and then ignored.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MAINTENANCE: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, citric acid, and [COLOR="redrosemary extract[/color]), Tomato, Rice Bran, Menhaden Herring Meal, Egg Product, Dried Milk Powder, Flaxseed Meal, Peas, Yogurt, Brewers Yeast, Dried Kelp, Garlic, Farmers Cheese, Avocado Oil, Spinach, Beets, Parsley, Yucca Schidegera Extract, Cranberries, Blueberries, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Bifidobacterium Thermophilium Fermentation Product, Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Magnesium Oxide, Niacin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Copper Proteinate, Thiamin Mononitrate, D-activated Animal Sterol (a source of Vitamin D3), Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menedione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (a source of Vitamin K activity)

from the evolve site..the dry maintence
I looked at the canned and garlic is there too

It is better than alot but like solid gold has garlic which I wont feed ( not knowly ) ... the reds are items I dont like in dry cat food ... the yellows are cautionary like mendehan fish look it up many places state the only fish not for human consumption

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont mind garlic, in sparring amounts myself. but thats me. Well I can pick through my samples some more, LOL Pet expo loaded me down with a ton i have to find a new pocket friendly, cat approved one, lol

So far the only samples that havent been rejected by my picky girl was those two. everyon else liked the royal Canin Special digestive track one, lol but she wouldnt eat it

the things we do eh?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[

the things we do eh?[/quote]
you can say that agin..lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

[

the things we do eh?
you can say that agin..lol[/quote]

these chuckles eat better than i do for sure lol

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evolve is generally a good food. There are some foods with better ingredients but it's definitely one of the better foods on the market.

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks so so. But I really dislike the menadione. I would never feed my pets anything with menadione, now that I've been educated on what is can do.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Apric0t

It looks so so. But I really dislike the menadione. I would never feed my pets anything with menadione, now that I've been educated on what is can do.
Okay, I'll bite. Why don't you like menadione? Menadione sodium bisulfite is a source of vitamin k activity, it is found in most brands including Fromm, Lick Your Chops and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, to name just a few.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Okay, I'll bite. Why don't you like menadione? Menadione sodium bisulfite is a source of vitamin k activity, it is found in most brands including Fromm, Lick Your Chops and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, to name just a few.
I cant answer for the original poster , but I do tend to aim for foods without without any sulfite nitrite or sulfate nitrate dervivitives... reason is to long for her but in short they are linked to various not nice disorders in animals and human animals ... they also are an allergen source... the vitamin k is in such a minute amount I will look away and use it since it is one of a rare few shlef stable Ks