Evo Wet Cat Food

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you guys think of EVO canned cat food? I have been cautious about it since they were bought out but it is pretty affordable. Is it considered low carb? There seems to be a lot of gums in it, no carageenan at least though. I have one cat who had struvite crystals and a bladder infection a few months ago so we switched to all wet food and I am trying to keep carbs to a minimum without breaking the bank.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is EVO too high in ash for a cat that has had urinary issues recently?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, I hadn't seen their new packaging yet. Their ingredient list looks pretty good, although I know some people wouldn't like the gums. As for the ash %, I"m sorry don't know what that should be.
I would personally be happy feeding this food to my Pushy who had issues with crystals. He's been on a 90% wet food with added water diet for years and hasn't had any more issues with crystals/UTIs.

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input. I have seen the carb content stated at different percentages on different websites so that's why I was confused. I guess it wouldn't hurt to add it in to the rotation and add extra water. All of my babies like it.

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I personally like the ingredients and would love to feed it to my cats...but I've already tried and failed, lol. They refuse to eat it. If you're cat isn't too picky and willing to eat it, I would recommend giving it a shot.

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just looked at the cans at work and they changed the ingredients yet again, with no mention of it on their website. :( They added beef liver so now I can't do it anyway because Spike with throw up everywhere if he eats beef. I'm really glad I noticed at least before I bought any...

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right! I would have been so upset. He hasn't been sick in a long time, it took a while to figure out the things that don't agree with him.

WhiteWolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It posted my response twice for some reason, sorry. I can't figure out how to delete a post.