Evo 95% Chicken & Turkey Canned

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of all the brands I have tried so far my cats really like this flavor   for some reason . 

The only one they have eaten consistently for a couple days now .

I will try the other flavors of 95% if they keep liking it .

Aside from the carageenan  the ingredients are awesome , I think . 

Is there any reason not to stay with this brand ? 

They  get NV Instinct Grain Free kibble in the morning and the Evo in the afternoon .. 

So far they seem to like it ..

http://www.evopet.com/products/1401

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad they like that one. I tried it on Peaches once but didn't read the ingredients very well, don't get me wrong she LOVED it but it has fish in it and we ended up with a bad reaction and going to see the vet. That can of food cost me a lot of money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glad they like that one. I tried it on Peaches once but didn't read the ingredients very well, don't get me wrong she LOVED it but it has fish in it and we ended up with a bad reaction and going to see the vet. That can of food cost me a lot of money.
Yes , I am glad too . They actually like it .. I am going to stay with that same flavor for a bit before I add one of the others .

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else here feed this food ?

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a couple of cans. Neither cat would eat it. My neighbourhood feral wasn't all that fond of it either. Not a lot of shelf space given to it in the stores here.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I bought a couple of cans. Neither cat would eat it. My neighbourhood feral wasn't all that fond of it either. Not a lot of shelf space given to it in the stores here.
Thanks , I am really surprised my cats like it . They are super picky .  It is the only food other than FF  they  did not refuse ..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad they like that one. I tried it on Peaches once but didn't read the ingredients very well, don't get me wrong she LOVED it but it has fish in it and we ended up with a bad reaction and going to see the vet. That can of food cost me a lot of money. :)
Maybe that was regular Evo, not the 95% kind? There's no fish in the chicken & turkey 95%.

It's one of the only "better" brands my cats will eat. It is really high in fat (probably why cats like it); this normally isn't a problem because cats are designed to handle fat well, but something to keep in mind.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Evo 95% Chicken & Turkey does have Herring Oil . Does not seem to be a problem for my cats .  Out of the four flavors this is the only one they like ..

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The Evo 95% Chicken & Turkey does have Herring Oil . Does not seem to be a problem for my cats .  Out of the four flavors this is the only one they like ..
Yes, it was the Herring oil I missed seeing when I bought it. Peaches can't have any fish or fish oils in the food. It really is hard to find canned food without some kind of fish or fish oils in it. She has a very bad reaction every time and we end up at the vet office.

I now read every ingredient in the food.