Ever Clean litter?

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone use Ever Clean litter unscented? I believe there's like 2 unscented ones..I was thinking of switching.. Right now, they use Tidy Cat litter (clumping)..

I don't need the scented litter or long lasting control, because whenever I hear that one is in the litter box, I clean it out right away..

I use those scented bags from the dollar store

Thanks!

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i tried everclean and hated it so much i returned the box before i even got a cup of it poured out. VERY dusty. the unscented smelled very dirty ( not that i expected it to smell clean or anything) i didnt like it one bit-- there was a cloud of dust from the 1/2 to 3/4 cup of litter i poured out for over an hour in the kitty litter room. YUCK! JMO of course! i prefer tidy cats over anything i have tried so far.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tidy Cats all the way. The name says it all, I also use the clumping kind, and I love it. I have tried that stuff, and ended up giving it away to my mom who wanted to try it. I did NOT like it.

If you like to get rid of the stuff right away, then clumping litter isnt all that nessessary, I'd just go with the big bags of cheap unscented litter, for like 5 bucks, and go that route, but if you plan on being gone for a day or two, go back to clumping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, it looks like I'm sticking with Tidy Cat litter..

Thanks!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick question about Tidy Cats. I have tried several types with Marlee. Right now I'm using Swheat Scoop and like it okay, but its a little dusty and pretty expensive! When I take her home with me to visit my parents, we use Tidy Cats non-clumping there b/c thats what our cat there uses. My question is this: Marlee tends to take a bite of litter every once in a while (NO CLUE WHY!) when she is playing with the pieces that come out of the box. For this reason, should I stick with non-harmful Swheat Scoop, or would it still be okay to swap to something like Tidy Cats?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

Quick question about Tidy Cats. I have tried several types with Marlee. Right now I'm using Swheat Scoop and like it okay, but its a little dusty and pretty expensive! When I take her home with me to visit my parents, we use Tidy Cats non-clumping there b/c thats what our cat there uses. My question is this: Marlee tends to take a bite of litter every once in a while (NO CLUE WHY!) when she is playing with the pieces that come out of the box. For this reason, should I stick with non-harmful Swheat Scoop, or would it still be okay to swap to something like Tidy Cats?
if you are comfortabnle with Marlee possible eating silca clay then yes switch ... have you tried worlds best??

meowsersmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use flushable cat's pride. It's $5 for 14 pounds at walmart and it's so convenient, just scoop and flush.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

if you are comfortabnle with Marlee possible eating silca clay then yes switch ... have you tried worlds best??
Nope, haven't tried that yet....I think I saw it at Petco, but it seemed like a high price for such a small bag, so I didn't get it. Does it last longer or something? (Since the bag is so much smaller?)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

Nope, haven't tried that yet....I think I saw it at Petco, but it seemed like a high price for such a small bag, so I didn't get it. Does it last longer or something? (Since the bag is so much smaller?)
the seventeen lb bag is last two cats and one box about a month...