Euthanizing because of overpopulation...

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you. You are one of the only things these helpless babies have to look forward to each day...what a contribution you have made to their lives. And what horrible decisions you have to make...we know you did the best you can.

Please hang in there...I know how difficult it must be. It's a great feeling to know there are people such as you that can fight the good fight for shelter animals...some are won, and some are lost, but it takes special people to continue forward. Here's a big hug for you.

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I am terribly sorry. What a touching way to pay tribute to these cats. What about posting this as an article for your local paper. It may move some people to consider adopting. Gosh I wish we didn't have an overpopulation.

Katie
What a great idea. Even on a Blog site your your local paper has one. Something to let people know and to allow you to release your grief.
God only knows the sadness in your heart for having to endure this. I pray for you and those kind animals that we left behind.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have always believed that those who bring animals to the shelter for an inappropriate reason should have to watch them take their last breath. I substitute at a clinic during the weekends. We only euthanize those with medical issues, but some of them are treatable...if their owners chose to. It's not right to inflict that kind of pain on someone.

Natalie...

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

I have always believed that those who bring animals to the shelter for an inappropriate reason should have to watch them take their last breath.
Amen.
I wonder how many sudden allergies would be cured.

While i would find it tough to define inappropiate, i understand what you are saying and you are 200% correct.

People should have to witness the results of their indifference.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely agree and in teh case of where they have taken them to the vets as well - the lucky ones are the ones where the vets refuse, and have good enough links wiht rescues to get them placed.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is making me feel so emotional. The results of overpopulation ought to be ebough to get people to never ever breed their pets or buy from a store. I hope more people will rescue, instead of breeding or buying.

timbit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my..
That post made me cry.. I could never do that after having both my dogs put down with 5 days of each other (My parents had those dogs since before I was born) I know what it feel like! I wish people would adopt more... One of the workers at my shelter in my town said that the older cats get adopted by collage students which surprised me because most people go for small... I wish I could adopt all those poor animals living their lives in shelters