Etiquette for making OT posts

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As a gentle reminder, when making an off-topic post or contributing to an off-topic discussion, it is considered proper etiquette to start the new topic under a new post. You can always create a link back to the original post.

I hate to even have to post something like this, but recent events regarding off-topic posts on this board leave me feeling deeply offended on so many levels. Please be courteous to all who post here, lest we begin to contribute to a negative climate on this board.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

As a gentle reminder, when making an off-topic post or contributing to an off-topic discussion, it is considered proper etiquette to start the new topic under a new post. You can always create a link back to the original post.

I hate to even have to post something like this, but recent events regarding off-topic posts on this board leave me feeling deeply offended on so many levels. Please be courteous to all who post here, lest we begin to contribute to a negative climate on this board.
And if it seems to be a heated topic, then take it to the IMO forum. Ferris, your cats are adorable and the pics were so cute of ALL the cats. How did they do in the show?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dayton was a campaign show, so unless you were competing for a National Win, you just couldn't catch a final. Shows like that are still a lot of fun because there are generally a lot of other things to enjoy, such as the vendors and the amazing cats in every class. . .

We won't be showing next weekend, as the only show is the International. I have no idea where we will be showing in the future (have to watch the competiton
) but we will be out nearly every weekend.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with your baby wherever the next show is. I agree with you. We seem to wind up getting OT a lot when we post. Happens to me too, but I just let it go. I'm guilty of going OT and am sorry if I've offended you at any time.

Hopefully all of us can stop before we open our mouths (or fingers) and try to stay on track.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found the OT remarks quite annoying, especially since it is the second time I have seen one of FC's threads get derailed into something completely different. We all have breeds that we love and want to promote, but it would be nice to allow a person to have 'their' time as well.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This thread seems to be going a bit off-topic.

This is a discussion of how threads should be kept on topic, not a facility to complain about a closed thread, since threads like that are not allowed here on TCS.

Any further comments along those lines will result in closure or removal of this thread.