Estimating Size?

chwx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has been soo many years since I've had a kitten! Now having Pinball, I'm trying to gauge his adult size. I always figured he would be a tiny guy, all the ferals I feed are small. Though all are female, I have no idea who daddy is unless he is the tom who hung around months ago (before I fed the local cats) but eventually got hit by a car. I know Pin had at least 2 siblings, both female. Both are half his size if not smaller. They're itty bitty kitties! I haven't weighed him recently but I'd guess he's at least 6-7lb, and just turned 5 months old! He's about 3/4th the size of my 5yo Oliver between height/length though Ollie weighs 9lb and has a wider torso since he's fully matured. Any ideas? When did your kitties stop growing up/out and when did they hit their adult weight where they maintained?

And of course some pictures. :)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm no expert, but my best guess from your pictures, he'll probably top out around 8-10 lbs.

There's always a chance he's picked up some bigger-cat genetics from one side or another (cat genetics can throw some real curve balls!), but if he's got siblings on the smaller side, he likely will be average to small too. His legs seem almost as long as your other cat's, so they'll likely end up about the same height, but at his age he almost certainly has a few growth spurts to go still.

They are adorable boys - I love that second picture!