Erratic eating and gas

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The post is long. Please bear with me..
I have a 3 and half year old male cat who for the past 8 months has been erratic in terms of eating and I am confused as to why. It's sometimes he finishes all his food, other days even treats won't make him touch it, but then he is eating again the next day. Though he does love eating dry cat food more Vs wet. My vet couldn't understand his problem either as he is always playful, and exited about food, no lethargy or aggression. I visited different vets and got his blood work done as well but it was mostly fine, if only his Alp levels were 10 values above normal ( which my vet told me was because of his high protein diet and gave me liver supplements). My vet finally told me it was gas. So I got some meds he was fine for a while but then worsened and I got another vet visit who then gave me gas meds again. Do your cats also get gas? What is the reason for such gas buildup? Is it anxiety? Also my cat loves grass. And he eats more when he has consumed some grass. Is it good for them?

Tldr : my cat gets gas easily. What are the causes for it? Is it common? Should he eat grass?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I'll try this out thanks

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The post is long. Please bear with me..
I have a 3 and half year old male cat who for the past 8 months has been erratic in terms of eating and I am confused as to why. It's sometimes he finishes all his food, other days even treats won't make him touch it, but then he is eating again the next day. Though he does love eating dry cat food more Vs wet. My vet couldn't understand his problem either as he is always playful, and exited about food, no lethargy or aggression. I visited different vets and got his blood work done as well but it was mostly fine, if only his Alp levels were 10 values above normal ( which my vet told me was because of his high protein diet and gave me liver supplements). My vet finally told me it was gas. So I got some meds he was fine for a while but then worsened and I got another vet visit who then gave me gas meds again. Do your cats also get gas? What is the reason for such gas buildup? Is it anxiety? Also my cat loves grass. And he eats more when he has consumed some grass. Is it good for them?

Tldr : my cat gets gas easily. What are the causes for it? Is it common? Should he eat grass?
What did you end up giving your cat for gas? Mine has IBD and it seems like the gas is making him very uncomfortable. Thanks for any info.