Enzyme Cleaners - Advice And Experiences

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A feral cat lives in my courtyard. She brought me four kittens in last June. I took care of them and rehomed them all. Then I had her spayed. She stayed in my courtyard and has a nice house where to sleep and find shelter. She's fed good food and everything.

The problem is that a tom cat has joined the party and he had the brilliant idea to spray all over the place. I don't know if he belongs to someone, he's very friendly and lets me touch and cuddle him. But I'd also like to neuter him.

As soon as the good season comes, I'd wish to wash all the place, but in order to get rid of that foul smell I think I need something strong and effective.
I have read about enzyme cleaners and I wonder if any of you has ever used them and how they work.
The surfaces to be cleaned are bricks and stones. I plan to spray this cleaner on those surface, let it rest for a few minutes and then wash them clean.
Thanks!

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Urine Off successfully, followed by vinegar (I personally use apple cider vinegar [acv] for everything). I don't know if you can get it in Italy but there's bound to be something like it.

Urine Off

I've only had to use it once when my then nextdoor neighbour's kittens used to come bounding into my house (they were bouncy Bengals) and play with all Brian's toys, and generally roll about on all Brian's places. Brian was nonplussed by them. However, someone peed on my ridiculously super fluffy rug, and I think it might have been Brian marking the place as his. Anyway, I practically drenched said stupidly fluffy rug in Urine Off and rubbed it in etc. When it had thoroughly dried, I sprinkled bicarbonate of soda on it and brushed it in. I waited for an hour or so (I forget how long exactly now) then hoovered it up. Then, I sprayed a 50:50 water to acv solution all over the rug. And low and behold, smell-be-gone along with all scent-mark attracting bacteria.

I knew to use Urine Off because my mum has heaps of cats and strays that come into her house, and she uses it. My mum's house does not smell of cat pee. Nor vinegar.

:daisy:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe this thread might do better in the 'Grooming and General Cat Care' forum? It's taken me until fairly recently to discover the 'Cat's Meow' forum. I expect there are lots of pee-ridden people with enzyme cleaner advice in the other forum.

:hellocomputer:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I didn't know where to post it and thought this one was more appropriate, but I ask the mods to move it where it fits better :)

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Urine Off successfully, followed by vinegar (I personally use apple cider vinegar [acv] for everything).
I looked for it and found it on Amazon.com and it ships to Italy, but when I read some reviews I had some doubt that it could solve my problem.
Some customers say that you have to soak the stained part to be cleaned, so it seems that the product is intended for carpets, rugs and horizontal surfaces. Some clearly say not to spray it, nor dab it.
So my idea to spray the cleaner on vertical surfaces like the house outer walls could fail.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this one on Amazon Italy: Simple Solution Stain & Odor Remover, spray for removing stains and smells from hard floors.

You'll have to look it up manually as it won't link to this site....

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
If you put in a search for Simple Solution in pet supplies Amazon Italy it brings up all their products available. The Hardfloor Stain & Odour Remover (and outside surfaces, including brick and concrete) is included amongst them. Sorry that I'm sending you on a treasure hunt but it's difficult to link you to the actual product.

:compsurfing:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much! I have found it! :)
Probably it was the bunch of products that I had found when I did the research a couple of days ago and saw other brands and products.
Anyway, there's always someone who was disappointed by any of them, so it's hard to understand if it is the best product or if it suits my situation.

I'll have a try as soon as the weather gets better. The forecasts are for a jolt of polar winter again in the next few days!