Enlarged Nipples?

Loglady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I recently noticed that the area around my 1.5-year-old female cat’s nipples is really defined, especially at the nipples at the bottom of her belly. This is my first time having a cat, so I’m not sure if this looks normal or is something to worry about.

I noticed it a few weeks ago at first, and asked some of my family about it (they’ve had cats before). They examined my kitty and said it was normal, as the areas don’t feel like lumps, nor are they really swollen, but I decided to ask here since I’m still a little worried.

The kitty’s behavior hasn’t changed. She’s still eating normally, remains active, shows no sign of pain when I examine the area. In the photo I’ve attached, it looks like the nipple and surrounding tissue would be hard to the touch (as if it were inflamed), but it’s actually really soft; it feels like fat to me. Also, the photo shows only one right nipple, but her lower left nipple looks the same. The nipples higher up lack fur around them as well, but aren’t as prominent as those on the bottom. Sorry I couldn’t get a better photo atm. Cat is sleeping and went under the bed after I bothered her to snap this one photo.

Although I’m still taking her to a vet early next week, any help would be appreciated here for now.

Oh, and she’s definitely not pregnant. She’s had no contact with other cats since I got her (which was about 8 months ago).

Many thanks in advance!

3C7877C3-37F9-4D52-B929-39D42F1522EB.jpeg

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It doesn’t look abnormal. The bottom nipples are usually more prominent, in my experience. Glad you are taking her to the vet soon, so you can make sure nothing bad is going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loglady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It doesn’t look abnormal. The bottom nipples are usually more prominent, in my experience. Glad you are taking her to the vet soon, so you can make sure nothing bad is going on.
Okay whew, that’s good to hear. Yeah, she hasn’t been to the vet in a little over 6 months, so I figured she’s due for a visit anyway. :^) Thank you for your response.