Enlarged Nipples on Male

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Stray male cat that I am trying to save money on to take to the vet. Before I can get the money to take him to the vet, I am very curious if anyone has ever seen nipples this large on a male cat? Is it an underlying symptom of something? Definitely a male and around a year old.

Picture for my question above

He is bone thin so they make look regular size in this photo, but I have never seen a cat (other than a female nursing) with these size nipples..thank you for any help!!!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, Welcome!
My angel Poppycat had one or two that were a little larger than a person would think they should be, for a male cat. His vet(s) never said anything was wrong, but it is definitely worth asking yours :)

For food, maybe you can supplement his diet with some extras you could work into your budget from this list? I know he's eating, it's just that there are some things listed that you might already have on hand which could help him start to gain some of the weight back :)

Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay..we are just feeding him hard food that we give to our regular cat...we can't let it inside and spoil him until we get blood work done and make sure he is okay to bring in around the other cat. Technically, the stray is at mother's house and I don't have a lot of say in what she's willing to give him

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any more pictures of him?
Also are you 100 percent he is a boy there was another stray kitty on here that someone is taking care of... person posted pictures asking what everyone thought the kitty was, a male or female because his nipples were larger and everyone thought kitty was neutered male... well kitty had kittens lol
Just figured I'd ask because she fooled everyone lol so I just want to make sure you don't have a pregnant female on your hands without knowing. 🙂

Last edited:

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a dilute tortoiseshell on the legs, mostly likely a girl and pregnant

RainBoots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very curious! If you can, please post more pictures. His fur is a gorgeous color. Fingers crossed his blood work comes back clean!

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright, went to the vet and the doctor assumed female as soon as she saw the diluted color. We said no, it's a male. She lifts the tail and says, "Wow! You have an extremely rare cat here!"...it looks exactly like two testicles...upon further inspection & confusion, she said "I think this is a girl somehow & I think she's pregnant"...she had the staff come in and look at the cat because she had never seen anything like it...upon an ultrasound, it's officially and girl and pregnant...negative for feline leukemia. We immediately took the cat home and let it inside the house...everything was fine for a couple of days. She was coming and going indoor & outdoors...we let her out and she hasn't been back since. I spent all that money & she's pregnant, so I'm praying she comes back! It's been 60 degrees and raining her in Michigan the past few days and no sight of her

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright, went to the vet and the doctor assumed female as soon as she saw the diluted color. We said no, it's a male. She lifts the tail and says, "Wow! You have an extremely rare cat here!"...it looks exactly like two testicles back there...upon further inspection & confusion, she said "I think this is a girl somehow & I think she's pregnant"...she had the staff come in and look at the cat because she had never seen anything like it...upon an ultrasound, it's officially and girl and pregnant...negative for feline leukemia. We immediately took the cat home and let her inside the house for the first time...everything was fine for a couple of days. She was coming and going indoor & outdoors...we let her out as usual the second day and she hasn't been back since. I spent all that money & she's pregnant, so I'm praying she comes back! It's been 60 degrees and raining her in Michigan the past few days and no sight of her...I'm really upset and I'll keep you posted :)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, went to the vet and the doctor assumed female as soon as she saw the diluted color. We said no, it's a male. She lifts the tail and says, "Wow! You have an extremely rare cat here!"...it looks exactly like two testicles...upon further inspection & confusion, she said "I think this is a girl somehow & I think she's pregnant"...she had the staff come in and look at the cat because she had never seen anything like it...upon an ultrasound, it's officially and girl and pregnant...negative for feline leukemia. We immediately took the cat home and let it inside the house...everything was fine for a couple of days. She was coming and going indoor & outdoors...we let her out and she hasn't been back since. I spent all that money & she's pregnant, so I'm praying she comes back! It's been 60 degrees and raining her in Michigan the past few days and no sight of her
I called it 😄 😄 Did the vet say how far along she is?

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Due anyday...she is the tiniest, dantiest little thing. We noticed her belly getting a little bigger last week, but thought it was just because she was finally eating for the first time and putting on some healthy weight. I have no clue how she has 3+ kittens in her, but she does...ugh, I'm just sick about her disappearing 😢

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due anyday...she is the tiniest, dantiest little thing. We noticed her belly getting a little bigger last week, but thought it was just because she was finally eating for the first time and putting on some healthy weight. I have no clue how she has 3+ kittens in her, but she does...ugh, I'm just sick about her disappearing 😢
Did she get out?? Or did you guys let her out?... i would have tried to keep her in especially with her due any day.. I really hope she comes home before she has them..
Was she used to going out and coming back in?
If so she is probably going to have the kittens outside wherever she is and not come back til later?? I really hope I'm wrong though and she comes back before she has them.
I'm so sorry that she took off.. 😔

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am sure that you are looking for her, but ramp up your efforts as much as you can by doing whatever works in your area, urban or rural. If she is due any day, she is looking for a place to have the kittens. If they have been born and survived, you may hear light mewing or crying. Cats look for a safe and secluded place. They consider predators and foot traffic from humans. If she originally ate outside at your house, put some food out for her but monitor it so that other wildlife does not come to eat it and so that they do not view your house as a source of food which will complicate everything.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little confused. Are you saying shes intersexual? (Having both male and female parts) intersex cats are rare and while not impossable are rarly fertile. Chances are extremly high for miscarage in ones who are.

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mother's house is fenced in. Of course they can hop the fence, but all of our cats have always been dual outside/inside cats, so we were letting her come & go as she pleased. She likes to go wherever our cat goes and was following him inside and outside. She had disappeared for a few weeks on us before and came back (most likely when she got pregnant!). To complicate the situation, the neighbors young daughters have claimed the cat as theirs. Now, they are very unclean people (house looks like a junkyard and literally the city had to step in and mow their lawn for them because it was such an eyesore). They are incredibley unfit to take care of an animal. We are under the impression that the little girls took a liking to the cat and like to play with it and the neighbors consider it theirs. But in no way are they the owners - this is a stray cat and I guarantee you they have no documentation for it. The cat was emaciated, missing fur, and covered in scabs & fleas. (Technically, we are the owners of the cat now. We have the paperwork!) ...Now, we are wondering if they may have taken the cat inside their house. Unfortunately, my father does not want drama with them and has not allowed me to go knock on their door and ask. My parents will be leaving for vacation on Wednesday, so I'm gonna go behind their back and talk to their neighbors while they are gone and clear up any confusion. The Mom next door is very feisty and it could get messy, but I'm not scared of her...I do not live with my parents and I am trying to respect that they do not want any problems with their neighbors.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
We do have to tell you that you should not do anything dangerous in regards to recovering the cat. If your own well being could be in any way in question, that needs to be your first consideration.

I do understand your situation and was in a similar one once with neighbors who adopted a kitten born on my property to a feral mother but did not take care of her.

It is true that having medical paperwork show possession of an animal in most cases unless the other party also had something which showed ownership, but in your case that is probably pretty far from likely. If this does come down to a conversation and they do have the cat, see if you can get them to give her to you, with any kittens, based on any reasoning that might appeal to them. It will be hard to care for and feed the family and you were prepared to do it/ you have a vet who is ready to step in as needed (even if you are not planning or able to pay ongoing expenses)/ you have potential homes for the kittens/ the mother cat has a medical condition which will continue to need treatment. I have gotten some animals away from questionable people by being completely friendly and low key, even if I found them to be very unappealing.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
A microchip would prove who owns the animal technicaly s/he belongs to whoever the chip is regestered to. If you could catch them and get them chipped it would prove they belong to you. As long as the cat is unchipped it doesn't belong to anyone legaly.

I would catch the cat and have it chipped without telling the neighbours. Just stelth do it. Don't confront the neighbour especialy if they are sketchy. Catch the cat on your parent's property.

I'm not sure where you are but would hate to see the neighbour draw a weapon on you.

SAYSAY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read in Michigan, that if I have paperwork from a vet, that constitutes as ownership. The vet scanned for a chip and no chip. My Mom does not want to keep the cat, but she agreed to let her have the babies and nurse for 6 weeks with us (that took a lot of convincing on my part). I would love to take the cat & kittens, but my cat is 20 years old and becomes a psychopathic lunatic at the sight of another cat. It would literally put him in his grave. We were given a list of adoption agencies at the vet, but now I don't even know where the cat is...Such a mess I've gotten into...typical me when it comes to animals 😂

I hate to call animal control on the neighbors, but I will have they have possession and do not hand the cat over when I show them paperwork. I've spent $200 on this cat. I'm sorry, but I can't let that cat live in those inhumane conditions. I'm pro-euthenization if it means eliminating abuse and suffering

I know so many people would be upset by that, sorry if that triggers anyone.