Enhancing my tech/computer skills

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone on here a web techie? Is Dreamweaver a good software to know in the web building world? I am looking to enhance my technical skills to go with my writing skills. I reallly need to get back into the workforce... but I am not sure what direction would fit me best, so I am looking into a lot of options. One of the nearby school districts has some good cont. adult ed classes. This is one of them.

I also am looking at courses to improve my skill and understanding with the Microsoft Office Suite.... I was going to start there... and move up. I may still do that.... Word, PP, Xcel, .... learn Sharepoint... etc.

I know at my age I will likely have to accept contract assignments... but that is ok. I would love to telecommute....

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about Dreamworks, but I've used Fireworks and I've done mild CSS for deviantArt, Myspace and Xanga journals. I'm proficient in Office.
I'm not exactly sure what type of help you were looking for, but I'm usually know as a 'techie'. :p

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would classify myself as a techie, fix errors and build software for computers as well as a little maintenance. I have used Dreamweaver in the past, it's quite user friendly and is good for developing webpages, if you want to learn HTML, I'd be happy to teach you.

Good luck!