Emotional Health

RTL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, if anyone has some advice, it would be appreciated. I basically have two residences and I’m not sure at which one to keep my cat. I am at one more than the other, but my cat really likes going outside. I didn’t let him outside for a long time and he was absolutely miserable. He is also very clingy with me. I don’t know if he would be better at the house where he can spend more time with me... or the one he can go outside. (He can’t go outside at other house because it is too busy of a street)

Thank you for trying to help :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RTL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, if anyone has some advice, it would be appreciated. I basically have two residences and I’m not sure at which one to keep my cat. I am at one more than the other, but my cat really likes going outside. I didn’t let him outside for a long time and he was absolutely miserable. He is also very clingy with me. I don’t know if he would be better at the house where he can spend more time with me... or the one he can go outside. (He can’t go outside at other house because it is too busy of a street)

Thank you for trying to help :)
Oh also I do have a cat harness, he absolutely hates it and freaks out if you put it on him.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an enclosed space outside that you can put him in? If you have a screened in porch that would be perfect, or if you have room to build a catio.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RTL

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there an enclosed space outside that you can put him in? If you have a screened in porch that would be perfect, or if you have room to build a catio.
Unfortunately no, I know that would be perfect

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh also I do have a cat harness, he absolutely hates it and freaks out if you put it on him.
How old is he? If still fairly young, you could try to re-train him slowly to have a harness on, and take him to both locations depending where you are. If he sees benefits of this solution, he may be ok with that. Lots of treats would have to be involved though...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the split of time and who watches the cat while you are away? Is it possible for him to go with you rather than being left alone?