Emetic Solutions...

HPeters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to preface this question by saying that this is for my curiosity only and I do not have a sick cat. I have done some of my own research and looking for other opinions.
With that out of the way...

What are peoples thoughts on giving salt water VS 3% hydrogen peroxide (at about 1cc/lb) to induce vomiting?

Upon some online searching salt water is not recommended (Though I heard it is an option from a vet) and H2O2 is. However according to my Plumb's Vet Drug Handbook (8th edition), H2O2 is not very effective in cats and not recommended (though it is quite successful in dogs).

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't recall this topic ever coming up in any of the threads I personally have read, but on-line (google) it seems the preference is hydrogen peroxide.

Cindyozzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please please please don't ever use hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Don't even be tempted if a situation were to arise. There are so many websites that recommend it but it is not safe for cats. If your cat ever needs it please take the kitty to the vet so they can safely induce vomiting with something safe for cats.