Emergency!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I couldn't find Orei, and he hadn't come when I put dinner down, which he always does. I finally found him, but he was limp, with burning paws and forehead. (Fever?) He's vomiting, won't eat or drink. I'm extremly worried, of course.
I'm bringing him into the vet today. The only thing I can guess this is...maybe a furball is stuck in his throat?
I'm so angry with myself...I feel like I could've prevented this, but there's so much going on. The worst part is, my family's leaving on a trip today...I'm coming back this weekend, and my parents are going for two weeks. I don't know what to do. Help, please.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This sounds like an emergency...
There is only one thing you can do...
Get Orei to a good vet immediately.

If Orei is not stable, be sure to keep Orei at a hospital with 24 hr. care while you are gone.

Let us know what you find out.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try to calm down a little, Orei will pick up on your stress. The vet will be able to tell you what is wrong. I am glad you are getting him in today! You're doing the right thing.
Are going to be leaving Orei alone while you go out of town? What if he requires medication?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. *takes a deep breath* I hope that's an option.

(Staying overnight at the hospital. It's just one night, or two. I believe.)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that you are going to get Orei to the vet...I'm sending many prayers to the both of you!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're doing the right thing taking Orei to the Vet Jenny. I hope that it all goes ok. Is there anything in the house that Orei could have gotten into - chemicals, cleaners anything like that. Have a look round where you found him - that kind of information could be useful for the Vet.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I just found him under my mom's bed, luckily. Poor kid was completly out of it.

I'm scared...this sounds pretty immature of me, but it just feels like a smack of reality...I mean, when it happens to someone else's cat, I just want to be there to comfort them, and help the best I can. But when it happens to one of my babies...I'm at a loss for words.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We called a few emergency numbers...as soon as someone calls back, we're leaving. *prays*

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got the call. It's 7:30 now, our appointment is at 10:30. I don't want to wait that long...but we have no choice.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny is the vets surgery far?. Anything urgent like that they would usually get seen to straight away at mine and people who are in the surgery for shots etc... understand that they may have to wait a bit longer, it's happend to me when an urgent case has come in.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I agree with the others... I know it might be hard to convince your parents, but please just take him in without waiting for your appointment. This is an emergency.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take him in now and ask them to work you in. They generally do it. Sounds like he might have gotten into something toxic.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
praying for sweet Orei to be ok... it seems like these things happen at the most inconvenient times, doesn't it?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Poor Orei
, am sending lots and lots of good vibes his way.