Emergency shelter for cat in the cold? Help!

ameliashuman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a repost from the stray/feral site. I'm posting for my sister. She has a cat that likes to hang out on her porch, it always has looked healthy and well fed so we assumed it was a neighbor's cat who roamed the area. However, the cat is still on her porch despite the cold and icey rain. She wants to set up an emergency shelter (maybe invite it inside for protection, her cat of 10 years passed away last months so she's feeling the emptiness). However, she doesn't have her previous cat's crate anymore so we're unsure what type of emergency shelter she could create for this cat. Suggestions for what she can do with things that are lying around the house? She just wants this cat to be safe in this weather, poor thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ameliashuman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thought I would give a quick up date, the kitty ran away when my sister brought out a styrofoam cooler and she didn't see it again. But now that's warm and sunny the cat is once again sleeping on her porch. So the kitty is still safe and healthy currently.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I would give a quick up date, the kitty ran away when my sister brought out a styrofoam cooler and she didn't see it again. But now that's warm and sunny the cat is once again sleeping on her porch. So the kitty is still safe and healthy currently.
Poor baby I wonder if someone once trapped it in a cooler. Our former stray Gypsy is absolutely terrified of the vaccum to the extent that I have to keep it dismantled and only use it when she's outside with dad minion. She was 1 or 2 when she discovered us and is so brave about everything else that I'm afraid someone once tortured her with a vaccum.