Emergency! Kitten Milk Replacer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Put tubes of Advantage II on the adult cat's necks.

You can put a DROP using a cotton swab on each kitten's neck.

You must wash all bedding around the house in hot water.

Vacuum all floors.

Buy a can of Enforcer flea house/carpet spray, and use it on floors and furniture.

Repeat the entire process in 10-14 days to end the life cycle. :)
Thank you!!!
I need to wait until friday though because i am a little short on money rn and i also have to buy more kmr. Hope i will find Kmr this time because i really don't want to risk giving them anything else since their diarrhea finally stopped. Hope my house won't turn into a flea farm by that time!

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
PLEASE I NEED HELP i think one kitten is dying, she is very lethargic, her poop doesn't look so good and she wasn't really interested in food today(she ate a little but a lot smaller than usual). She was fine until now. VETS IN MY COUNTRY DON't HAVE MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SMALL KITTENS AND THEY DON't help!!!! I also have no karo or pedialyte in my country. What should i do?? I am desperate

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The poop looks okay. You can make pedialyte with boiled water, sugar, and salt. Cool it before giving.

Can you get antibiotics from the vet?

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The poop looks okay. You can make pedialyte with boiled water, sugar, and salt. Cool it before giving.

Can you get antibiotics from the vet?
All vets tell me these kittens are too small for antibiotic or dewormer, and i am thinking this is happening because of worms.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is worms or parasites. Here in the U.S., tiny kittens are given antibiotics.

I think you need to argue with the vet and insist.

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My guess is worms or parasites. Here in the U.S., tiny kittens are given antibiotics.

I think you need to argue with the vet and insist.
I know..i talked with a lot of people from the u.s, they all told me the same thing. I would argue with the vet but..i am only 16, i don't think it will help, and i would definitely not be taken seriously. It's frustrating but there is nothing i can do. Right now i am at the vet, waiting. I've been waiting for 30 mins or more. I want them to at least get her checked. I will tell them about antibiotics, but i already know what they will say.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can your mother request the antibiotics for the kitten?

Perhaps an adult asking would make the difference!

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can your mother request the antibiotics for the kitten?

Perhaps an adult asking would make the difference!
Ok so this new vet we found was a lot better!! Done some injections today, and we are continuing this treatment the next few days. The only problem is that she is not eating. She ate before going to the vet and she seemed better..now it looks like we are going back were we came from..

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What specific injections was she given?
I do not know what injections the vet gave her, she said it was something for hydration, something for immunity, something for worms and some vitamin c

iloveallcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We talked about antibiotic, she said the kitten is too small, and we don't need that for now anyway. When we went to the vet the kitten was looking a lot better, so she probably thought it isn't that bad..but the kitten is back now to the way she was earlier this day

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear this. I don't have further suggestions since it seems impossible to get antibiotics.

I've not heard of giving a vitamin C injection to a kitten.

The hydration and worm injections may help. I am clueless what was given for immunity.

I hope your kitten is better soon.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vitamin C injection may very well be what the vet gave the kitten for "immunity", but I agree, nothing "takes the place" of an antibiotic other than an antibiotic! Common Sense to us. :ohwell: