Ember, 17

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, here I am again in this thread. Ember, age 17.5, is almost gone. Hasn't eaten a thing in days, except licking some gravey and yogurt, and drinks very little. Will be hours or a couple of days, I'd guess. We have a call into a home visit vet, to, well, you know. Ember has wasted away to about 4 pounds or less. I will update this thread when the time comes and I can handle the emotions a little better. Asking for vibes, and help with my sanity during this. Here she is about 9 months ago, in her healthier senior times.

Lolli, our ex-feral with FIV is 3.5 and doing just fine, and is a huge 17+ pounds. Junebug is about 17 and is still kinda healthy. Junebug and Lolli can't live on the same floor lest a deadly fight ensue, but that's another thread.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here I am again in this thread. Ember, age 17.5, is almost gone. Hasn't eaten a thing in days, except licking some gravey and yogurt, and drinks very little. Will be hours or a couple of days, I'd guess. We have a call into a home visit vet, to, well, you know. Ember has wasted away to about 4 pounds or less. I will update this thread when the time comes and I can handle the emotions a little better. Asking for vibes, and help with my sanity during this. Here she is about 9 months ago, in her healthier senior times.
I'm so sorry to read this post, I really am. I know what it means, I know how painful it is to see a cat wasting away, refusing the food and waiting for the end.
You Ember has something that remembers my lovely cat Pallina, who went to the Bridge in August 2018, aged 17 and 3 months. My Pallina had the same look in her eyes, was white with same grey/dark spots, a wonderful pink nose. She was sick and I tried everything on Earth to keep her with me, but eventually I had to surrender.

I know your pain too well, and I'm here to support you in this hard moment.
Take care of yourself, stay close to Ember in these last days, hug her a lot. I'm so sorry... :frown:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your darling girl. If it is that time, she will be met at the bridge
by our babies who have already crossed over.

Love,
Ma💖:hugs::rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please know we are all here to give you our thoughts and prayers, the road you now travel is a long and painful one. Come back when you can and leave a tribute to your precious girl, to be loved and missed after death is a great honor. My heart goes out to you and her, I pray she will have a peaceful end surrounded by those who love her.....

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lolli, our ex-feral with FIV is 3.5 and doing just fine, and is a huge 17+ pounds. Junebug is about 17 and is still kinda healthy. Junebug and Lolli can't live on the same floor lest a deadly fight ensue, but that's another thread.
I am so sorry about poor Ember😿 💔just spend as much time with her as possible and hug her etc. big hugs to you all💕somehow you will make it through, even if it is with a big hole in your heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
somehow you will make it through, even if it is with a big hole in your heart.
That hole is a mile wide right now. Appointment is made. Tomorrow's the day. If I could trade another year of my life so she could gain one more of hers, I would do it in a second.

Thank you, all.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry....I just lost one too, so my heart aches and my eyes fill with tears with yours.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart breaks for the pain you are going through. Please post a tribute to her when you are able, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. RIP sweet little girl.......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Ember, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, may your heart heal a bit more each day :alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart: