Elevated Kidneys In Older Kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We need some poop today or tomorrow. I found a poop on Monday or Tuesday, but after two good days of eating, she is due to poop. That feels like the last step in this latest ordeal!

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have poop!!

It was a big poop and looked pretty diarrhea looking, but it’s a poop! We’ll worry about firming it up later!

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well....two steps forward and one step back.

I’ve watched my girl slow way down on her eating. Today I called the vet in tears just needing someone to give me an answer. She is fine in every other way. She’s just not eating enough to be meaningful for herself.

The vet believes that the Benazepril is making her ill. One of the side effects is nausea and on top of the nausea she already feels, she’s probably just not up to eating.

I’m suppose to take her off for a few days and then split her dosage to see if that makes a difference. I pray that it does because I don’t know what the alternative would be otherwise.

I have to say that I am one concerned momma. This anxiety and depression and doubting that I’m doing the right thing has me crying constantly. I just want my kitty to be okay.