Electric Cords

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eventually I will be letting my two five month old kittens into the rest of the house, in my living room the TV and all the wires are exposed since I'm new to owning cats, what can I do to protect the kittens and protect the wires? Also where can I find these products or tools?. Thank you.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Critter Cord (internet search that). Works good, but, you'll have to put up with the smell for a week or so. Then it dissipates and the room is habitable again.
The cords with the black module looking box that plugs into the wall. (like a cell phone charger). With a small diameter cord? Those won't hurt a cat. (of course, you would have to repair the chewed place or buy another power supply).
It's the things like lamps with "just a cord" going to the outlet that will hurt a cat.

In my house it's lamp cords. Most everything else has a black or white module/box that plugs into the wall

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
First, make sure as many cords and plugs are behind furniture. This prevents not only chewing but kittens pulling things like lamps over and onto themselves. If your cats aren't cord chewers, this might be all you need to do. But if they do chew them then by all means cord covers.