Elderly cat with CKD and high blood pressure, leg weakness and urinary retention

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blindasabat123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He went in for a full blood panel and urine tests this week. All other organs functioning well, urine results indicate his kidneys are still producing a good concentration, and blood results for kidneys haven't changed since his last test - all positive! :cloud9:

The vet he saw this time (a different one from the last visit) thinks his problems urinating and disorientation are probably neurological symptoms, rather than a side effect of any medication. I'm inclined to agree with her, since the pacing and hiding seem to happen when he's trying to use the tray rather than at any other time. So, she's instructed me on how to help him express his bladder in the hopes that might help him feel more comfortable, and he's continuing his course of Buprecare in the meantime.

Hoping all this good news means things'll start settling down from now onwards! :please:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
interesting. Not sure I understand how expressing his bladder would help with neurological issues, but I'm no brain expert. If it works, great. If not, then on to Plan B I suppose. Good luck. Hoping to hear a great update in a few days. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blindasabat123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
mrsgreenjeens I don't think she meant it would help with the neurological issues, just that it would help him feel more comfortable, physically, to be able to have a completely empty bladder - if that makes sense :)