Elderly cat has constant diarrhea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All test results came back normal. My cats stool is much more solid. So far no blood or vomiting or pee accidents, however he still goes poo on beds or the floor. The only thing he had is Anal glands expressed and probiotic daily so one of those has helped. But the probiotic is very expensive I don’t know if I can give everyday forever.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, nothing with the blood drawn from the lumps? Try puppy pee pads on the floor or in a low-sided cardboard box lid. If his behind hasn't fully recovered, he might just not want it to touch the litter. You also have to make sure the poo smell is thoroughly cleaned from the bed - if not, it is an 'invitation' for him to go there again and again. Maybe even initially, set some pee pads on the bed, and if he uses them, gradually move them to the floor.

Have you tried s. boulardii - it is a probiotic (of which I know nothing about), but a lot of members on this site use it with their cats. The poo looks a bit off color and slightly loose, but not bad. The color could be from his food.

I would also consider getting a copy of ALL his records from the current vet - they can be kept by you and used to give to another vet to help reduce redundant testing and costs.

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, nothing with the blood drawn from the lumps? Try puppy pee pads on the floor or in a low-sided cardboard box lid. If his behind hasn't fully recovered, he might just not want it to touch the litter. You also have to make sure the poo smell is thoroughly cleaned from the bed - if not, it is an 'invitation' for him to go there again and again. Maybe even initially, set some pee pads on the bed, and if he uses them, gradually move them to the floor.

Have you tried s. boulardii - it is a probiotic (of which I know nothing about), but a lot of members on this site use it with their cats. The poo looks a bit off color and slightly loose, but not bad. The color could be from his food.

I would also consider getting a copy of ALL his records from the current vet - they can be kept by you and used to give to another vet to help reduce redundant testing and costs.
The blood from the lumps came back negative for anything wrong. I have tried pee pads on the bed and the floor but he just goes around them unfortunately. He pees in the litter box fine. The bed and floor is constantly cleaned and no smell after but he still goes on them?
This is the brownest his poo has been in years, it’s almost always been that yellow color. I told the vet this but she didn’t say anything about it, I know it’s not normal because my other cats that eat the same food all have healthy brown poo. My cat wouldn’t eat the s bouldardi only proviable. I have all vet records saved.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wonder what he would do if you covered the entire bed with a plastic tarp and then put pee pads on top of it? I would be tempted to try the same thing on the most 'used' area on the floor as well.

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wonder what he would do if you covered the entire bed with a plastic tarp and then put pee pads on top of it? I would be tempted to try the same thing on the most 'used' area on the floor as well.
No he loves to pee on plastic even more lol, and besides I sleep in the bed so no can do.:lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I apologize that I don't remember, have you had a chance to try Cat Attract litter?