Either I got the most awesome calico or its a mix with some special bread any ideas?

Colettecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was an accident that she got out right before being spayed. But her kittens came out with some really pretty coats.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Colettecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was an accident that she got out right before being spayed. But her kittens came out with some really pretty coats.
Trying to correct the spelling there new to this site.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to tell too much at this age, so only time will tell how they develop. That said, doesn’t look like there’s a tortie kitten in your photos — looks like a red and a warm black (brown) tabby; if mum is red rather than tortie, though, the kitten will definitely have some red on her that’s not visible at the moment :) They’re most likely just pretty domestics, but again, only time will tell for certain. Accidents do happen with studs, but it’s not super common. At this stage, nothing points to dad having a breed, imo. All we can say for sure is that dad is black solid or black tabby, possibly with white (can’t tell if your girl is solid without seeing her head, and unsure if she has white).

Colettecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hard to tell too much at this age, so only time will tell how they develop. That said, doesn’t look like there’s a tortie kitten in your photos — looks like a red and a warm black (brown) tabby; if mum is red rather than tortie, though, the kitten will definitely have some red on her that’s not visible at the moment :) They’re most likely just pretty domestics, but again, only time will tell for certain. Accidents do happen with studs, but it’s not super common. At this stage, nothing points to dad having a breed, imo. All we can say for sure is that dad is black solid or black tabby, possibly with white (can’t tell if your girl is solid without seeing her head, and unsure if she has white).
Not sure if it is showing up but this is her face :)

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant the mum! Is she red all over, or does she have some black? Kitten looks black tabby, which shouldn’t be possible unless mum is a tortie :) if mum is definitely red, the kitten is a black tortie tabby, and the red should become more obvious as she ages.

Colettecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, she is red with patches of white. Kittens are spotty.
I think I caught their Dad, he wouldn't leave our back door. He was spotted black and gray with white around his eyes.
I have homes for four already :). Keeping this cutie though and spaying asap.

Colettecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant the mum! Is she red all over, or does she have some black? Kitten looks black tabby, which shouldn’t be possible unless mum is a tortie :) if mum is definitely red, the kitten is a black tortie tabby, and the red should become more obvious as she ages.
Thank you

Colettecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom is a red solid with white. So it’s likely that the dad is a black tabby, yes!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, if you look at the kitten's back leg (in the first pic where she's nursing) you can see a red strip. There are some other, smaller bits that I think are red but that's the most obvious one. So she's definitely a torbie. Very pretty!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More pics will help but more than likely a torbie given the dad is a brown tabby and mom is ginger. The ginger kittens are male correct? Both parents are broken mackerels seeing the pic of mom you posted. Please ensure that adopters know that these kittens are not bengals or bengal mixes, many people adopt the broken mackerals expecting them to be Bengal mixes when they aren't. That way they won't get their hopes up lol. :)