Eight Week Old Kitten

Animallover12344

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an eight week old kitten. About four days ago she stopped eating altogether and started puking stomach bile. Yesterday, I took her to the vet and she had hookworms and ear mites. The vet said everything else healthwise looks perfect. Today is the second day Into deworming. Tomorrow is her last day for two weeks until I give her the second round. She is also getting drops in her ears for the mites. Since she is not eating the vet recommended I syringe feed her I did last night and she puked some of it up. Then today I did and about an hour and a half/two hours later she puked it up again. What do I do? I'm scared for her and I am already so attached. I couldn't bare anything happening to her

• Purraise
Reactions: hib

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd definitely get her back to the vet, even the ER vet. It's so important that she stay hydrated and she MUST eat something. Kittens can deteriorate very quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animallover12344

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's drinking water frequently and she ate about 15 pieces of hard kitten food but not out of her bowl only when I put it in front of her in my hand. She hasn't puked it up yet. She also doesn't puke all of it up. Maybe I just fed her to much? She uses tidy cats 4 in 1 litter. Thank you for replying

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think you really need to change her litter.. I haven't had direct experience with it, but some of our members (including zed xyzed zed xyzed above) say that kittens will eat the clumping clay litter and it causes problems.
A vet would still be a good idea. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If she has got a blockage from eating clay litter she will throw up as soon as she swallows anything, including water. If she's just throwing up a little bit after eating it could be the after-effects of having worms.

Does she seem lethargic? Is she still using her litter box?

With such a young kitten I'd recommend calling your vet for advice, even if you can't get her in to be seen today.

Good luck, please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animallover12344

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I didnt get to an update sooner. I took her to the vet the next day and the vet said health wise she looked really good other than they found hookworm eggs in her poo and she had ear mites. She's now treated for both and a day after her deworming meds she was eating again. So, we figured it was the hookworm. Thank you guys for commenting and helping with my situation!