eggnog

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like non-alcoholic eggnog, sometimes with nutmeg.

Question-has anyone had trouble finding eggnog this year? I've only gotten one carton so far :ohwell:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick loves eggnog. I made it for him for years, using an old Betty Crocker recipe. Now, with all the worries about eggs, we buy it. Giant has a good selection right now.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's not really an Australian thing. If we have it we tend to make it ourselves. I looked at the ingredients in the only carton version and it had 0.5% powdered egg!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love eggnog. Will be looking for a dairy free version for this year.

Both with and without alcohol is good.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Love eggnog. Will be looking for a dairy free version for this year.

Both with and without alcohol is good.
If you want to make your own, here's a great recipe from my local store. Friends of mine who have made it say it's wonderful.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I picked up a quart of non-dairy, coconut milk egg nog, at Trader Joes... good until January 18.... so I am all set. I will drink it around Christmas time.. or put it in my coffee....

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a good selection at the stores here. I have seen the Almond Milk ones as well. It's okay but not really a favorite for me. I actually got a quart of the Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice at Target a few days ago, I have wanted to try it since I heard about it a couple of years ago but could never find it. It's okay but nothing great, I think that is how I feel about eggnog in general. I don't care for it with alcohol. I don't care for things that are really sweet mixed with alcohol.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm picky about eggnog. Silk nog is surprisingly good. And there's a brand at Costco that I get every year, made with real sugar (I try to avoid corn syrup). Not sure of the brand name, I'll see if I can find it. I don't usually add alcohol, but occasionally I will.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With nutmeg and that's it. I only drink one cup though. Just to say that I did. Sons drink the rest.