Effects of Anesthesia....

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I had Luna put under to get her shaved it nearly killed her. It normally takes her longer to come out from being under and this time it was already into the second day and she wasn't recovering. If anything, she was going downhill fast and it made me panic.

I ended up taking her to the E-Vet and they had to put her in an oxygen chamber. She has never ever reacted this way before and after spending $700 and hoping that she would pull through I swore to never put her under again....for anything.

So now I try to keep up with her brushing at home and that has been ok for the most part.

But what worries me now is that she still has difficulty breathing and this has been 2 years after the fact. I think her esophagus was damaged by the tube and recently at night it sounds like she is making a gasping sound.

Has anyone ever experienced this before and if so, is there any way to help her?

I was going to take her to the vet next week to have her checked out.

She is probably about 15 years old if that makes any difference.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have any experience with this, but I think you're on the right track with asking a vet? Poor kitty...