Editing A Post

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can I edit a post after it has been created?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is an edit button next to the flag button. You may need to make a few more posts before the edit button shows up. There is also a time limit to the edit. After a certain amount of time, you can't edit anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is an edit button next to the flag button. You may need to make a few more posts before the edit button shows up. There is also a time limit to the edit. After a certain amount of time, you can't edit anymore.
Thank you DreamerRose!

Doug

Nytron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why is there a limit to how many posts one can make before editing? That doesn't make any sense.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is there a limit to how many posts one can make before editing? That doesn't make any sense.
~ Not exactly sure - but it does seem goofy.
Many websites are generic templates. Owner/operators can move things around, change the script and a few other things to personalize each site. The basic functions sometimes cannot be altered.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Many forums use this type of rule to cut down (does not eliminate) on undesirables from coming in and starting troublesome posts.

For instance some one could make a first post, like:
What do you think about this.
Then post an image of a cute kitten.

After several posts below by others, the edit feature can be used to change the original post and replace the image with something totally inappropriate, making the responses below seem inappropriate and highly objectionable.

It's just a smart way of managing good content.

So for the first 25 (or what ever number each site uses) new posts,
* Think
* Type
* Review
* Submit

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will add that there are times, like when I first started recovering from a stroke, that my brain to word to hand coordination was not good. The ability to edit was a blessing.

The original poster for this thread, OldTinSmith is familiar with my posts on another site. He and I both know that posting for me helped that coordination return, yet it still has an impact after a couple years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will add that there are times, like when I first started recovering from a stroke, that my brain to word to hand coordination was not good. The ability to edit was a blessing.

The original poster for this thread, OldTinSmith is familiar with my posts on another site. He and I both know that posting for me helped that coordination return, yet it still has an impact after a couple years.
I'm still going through that " brain to word to hand" from my Cerebral Hemorrhage/Stroke I had this past May. Even so, I feel blessed because it could have been so much worse! ,,,Hi Bear, thanks for your reply,

Doug