Edgar's Experience With Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fuchsiaslove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Edgar's lost weight. The move was hard on him. He's adjusting slowly. He doesn't love all the windows like Id hoped but it's quiet and I know he likes that! He's back on 7.5 mg prednisone and eating better. I give him sub q fluids at 100 ml a day. He had his chemo on the 9th and that's when they said he was dehydrated and we got the fluids to do at home. I'm still unpacking. With the addition of fluids and prednisone increase Edgar isn't needing cerenia or zofran. I'm very unhappy with the vet and the oncologist. I think if he'd been given fluids or i had been told to give him sub q fluids he wouldn't have needed as many pills as I had been giving him and if they hadn't lowered his prednisone Edgar wouldn't have lost more weight. They are so quick to say stay off the internet but have no information to give and no time to give it. Thanks for checking on us. Sorry i have been missing. I hope you all are doing well!

Fuchsiaslove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Edgar is no longer having good days and we've made the decision to let him go. Thank you all for the support. I really hoped for a different outcome. I feel like I tried everything I could. If I could change anything I would have maintained the prednisone dose and started sub q fluids earlier on. He's lasted 3 months after starting chemo. I don't know if we had just given prednisone and anti nausea meds if he would have lasted this long. In the future, I wouldn't choose to do chemo for large cell lymphoma in the stomach and intestines.

Fuchsiaslove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before we could get the appointment, Edgar died today. He was laying on my Lap with his head in my hand, the way he liked to nap since he was a kitten.

Kitten70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear this... You did the best for him and he was loved, that's what counts. You and Edgar are in my thoughts tonight.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of your Edgar. I was rooting for you both while reading this thread because I was in your situation two weeks ago.

My sweet boy was diagnosed with Large Cell Lymphoma on 3/13. By the time Malibu was showing symptoms, it was already in hi spleen, liver, lymph nodes and all over his GI tract. He was not eating at all, like your Edgar was. We had Malibu on prednisolone & an appetite stimulant for a few days but he was not bouncing back. I had to put him to sleep just 4 short days after his diagnosis, on 3/17. We never had a chance to find out if the chemo would work. What a terrible and quick disease large cell lymphoma turned out to be.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. So so sorry. That last picture has me speechless. You really gave it your all. My Timmer was apparently ill the same time your kitty was and he didn't last long at all. You are a wonderful cat mom and did everything for your sweetheart.