Eddie Has The Runs...

liabee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, my 3 year old indoor boy has been suffering from the runs for about 3-4 days. He's acting completely normally, playing, sleeping, eating, all that stuff but his bowel movements are NOT. I gave him some canned tuna juice as a treat the other night which he has never reacted to so I'm not sure this could be the culprit. I also made a slight change to his diet 25 days ago ( went from Acana Pacifa to Acana Wild Prairie.) I bought him some soft food in gravy last night to up his water intake since I'm worried about dehydration. This morning his poops were not quite so runny but his second bowel movement was back to his big puddle. I'm wondering if any one has some advice. If this persists He'll obviously be heading to the vet. Thanks!
Eddie and Lia

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry your kitty is having digestive issues. It might be a coincidence, but it does seem as though the tuna might be the culprit. I'm a worrier, so I'd probably call the vet today, and see what they suggest.

Sending healing vibes that he feels better soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe he just can't do tuna juice in combination with the new food you put him on 25 days ago - especially considering the tuna juice was never an issue before?? You may just have to refrain from giving him tuna juice for a while and see if the loose stools resolve themselves.

If they don't, you could try some canned pumpkin (no additives) to help with fiber/bulk. And, if your vet will accept it, you can always take a fecal sample into them for testing and at least avoid a vet visit until the test results are back.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could also add a pinch of Psyllium to his food twice a day. I have not tried pumpkin but understand it has good results

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liabee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, eddie has am appointment with the vet on Friday. In the meantime I'm going to pick up some pumpkin food I used to buy for my old boy who had really bad hairballs. Hopefully that helps :(