Eccessive Hair Balls

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
9 yr old cat vomiting excessive hair balls. My cat has been vomiting twice a week hairballs only. She is not eating all her food and keeps escaping.
She used to be an in and out cat (former feral) but has been inside for a few years now. Any ideas what this behavior is about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
I have some Vets Best hairball remedy I will give her, because the hair was coming up, I did not know if this was worth giving

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our cats does quite well with Vet's Best, but the other does better with egg yolk lecithin.

I think our cats plot against us so we have to spend more money on them that way. :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
One of our cats does quite well with Vet's Best, but the other does better with egg yolk lecithin.

I think our cats plot against us so we have to spend more money on them that way. :wink:
Could this be due to change of seasons and obsessive grooming? It's all hair she throws up

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could this be due to change of seasons and obsessive grooming? It's all hair she throws up
Well, we don't really have seasons where we live, so I'm not sure what to tell you. :lol:

But both of our cats have suddenly started shedding like crazy and become prone to hairballs again. We just assumed that was probably from the stress of the hurricane and the aftermath, but I guess it's possible it could be a seasonal thing.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it could be. Anxiety would also cause obsessive grooming. Has anything changed in your home environment? One thing you might consider, is a Feliway diffuser, which mimics the pheromones that cats produce when they're content, so this helps them to calm down.