Eating issues

ladylisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I have just adopted a female cat from a shelter that is about 1 year old. I already have a 15 year old boy at home. The two of them are only just starting to get along, or tolerate each other, after about 2 months of spitting. I would say it is more the new one than the old one. My question is my new little girl seems to get a bit desperate about food. She craves wet food but will also eat dry. I'm afraid she may have have worries about going hungry. I sometimes go away overnight an i could always leave plenty of food for my boy but now I'm not sure if she wouldn't eat it all in the first few hours. Is there anything I can do that would make her feel ok about leaving food in the bowl for when she's gets hungry again? thanks!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ladylisa, welcome to the forum!

Many on this site have had luck with a timed autofeeder. It dispenses a preset amount of dry food at your chosen times. This way, she wouldn't be able to scarf the entire bowl and leave the pair with no food for the night.

mnjulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You don't say what kind of food, how much and how often you feed your cat. That makes a huge difference.