Earthborn Wet Food Changed?

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We feed our two cats the Earthborn wet cans, the tuna ones and we have been for over a year now. The past two batches we bought from Chewey (we only get it there) have contained globs of what look like fat in them. I don't know how else to describe it. It used to have the consistency of human tuna, with some water in it. But now on the top of it there is white globs. The first few times I threw the cans away thinking that it was an issue with the cans, but it's been like that for all the cans and from different batches. The cats seem to be having a lot of loose stools (they normally do not), does anyone else have any insight into this?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
You may want to talk with chewy - their representatives are typically good, or contact Earthborn directly.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'll need the lot / batch number and expiration date of the cans in question when you contact Earthborn. Pictures of the glob would be helpful, too. That way they can track down other food from that same lot / batch and see if there were any quality control issues for that lot / batch.

Chewy is good on returns and giving refunds for products that you aren't satisfied with. With food you'll probably get a refund and told to either toss the food or feed it to strays or donate it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You'll need the lot / batch number and expiration date of the cans in question when you contact Earthborn. Pictures of the glob would be helpful, too. That way they can track down other food from that same lot / batch and see if there were any quality control issues for that lot / batch.

Chewy is good on returns and giving refunds for products that you aren't satisfied with. With food you'll probably get a refund and told to either toss the food or feed it to strays or donate it.
Thanks I reached out to them via email this am, and I sent them several pictures of what I was describing. I have the current lot number, but hopefully they will be able to look up the last two since I don't think I have those at home. I will check. I posted a pic below though of what I am describing. Thanks for responding, I was hoping to see if any others had this experience with this particular food. I will update.

Attachments

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
You may want to talk with chewy - their representatives are typically good, or contact Earthborn directly.
Thanks I am going to start with Chewy first, as we have had amazing customer service from them. Then if that does not work I will reach out to Earthborn.

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chewy is looking into this and they stated they will get back to me. They agreed the food looked off and different, thanks all.