Ear problem again

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys
Today while applying the spot on treatment (broadline) I checked my boy's ear I was shocked again. The right ear is always pinkish and clean while the left one is brown and dirty. I cleaned it with some warm water and cotton ball. I don't really know why it's always the left one. Every 2 months it gets like this. I have just finished his ear treatment in October (Oridermyl)
I spoke to my vet and as an jn another town..he referred ne to a friend of his. I haven't made up my mind whether to go or wait and see a bit. A friend of mine told me it's just ear wax as long as he doesn't scratch his ear or shake his head. He's strictly indoor. Monthly spot on treatment. Drinks water. Gets brushed daily.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Ear wax and sensitive ears can occur with indoor only cats who have good care, so this is not a reflection on you as his cat guardian. It could be ear wax, but that can sometimes become uncomfortable and mask another condition, so in the long run a visit to the vet would be a good idea. Discuss with him why this is recurrent and if there is any other treatment or protocol that might help. This is probably not an emergency, like get to the vet tomorrow, but I would not let it ride.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible that you're dealing with a yeast infection. Has the stuff in the ear been cultured? If not, I would ask for one. We used BNT ear ointment to treat my girl's yeast infection in her ears. Then, once a year, I had her ears thoroughly cleaned and flushed out while she was sedated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update:
Went to the vet today and my boy was diagnosed with delicate or sensitive ears. Especially the left one. I got the same medecine as I had before (Oridermyl) for ten days both ears. Then treat once a month