Ear Moles/ Freckles

hannrae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know I'm most likely being paranoid, and this is probably nothing, but over the past 8 months, since I've had my kitty, she has developed what appears to be flat moles or freckles in her left ear. I first noticed the largest one (a little less than half the size of a pencil eraser) about six months ago, and since then another has appeared above it, and there's a new tiny, pencil-tip sized one to the left of it. All are completely flat and the same texture as the rest of her ear--they're unnoticeable by touch. Should I be concerned about this at all? My main worry is that they've increased in number, and they're just centralized to that ear. She's quite young, a little over a year, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Here's a picture:

Last edited:

farrah128

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I know that you posted some time ago, so I'm hoping you're still on.  Did you ever find out what the spots were?  I'm dealing with something similar.

Many thanks!

Farrah

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi,

I know that you posted some time ago, so I'm hoping you're still on.  Did you ever find out what the spots were?  I'm dealing with something similar.

Many thanks!

Farrah
@Farrah128....I don't think either of the above members are still on.

Maybe this thread would help. It is more recent.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/324192/cat-ear-mole

Or starting a new thread in Health with some photos of your cat's ears.
Perhaps other members will see it.

Very hard to give an opinion on skin issues, because usually the Vets have to test skin scrapings, or have enough experience to have seen it before.

I hope it is not a malignant growth. Good Luck with what you find.