Ear Mites On Pregnant Kitty?

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
55A6DA30-9F45-4828-BC01-AB68742161B1.jpeg
Please let me know if this topic should be in another thread topic.

Oh my goodness. I’m feeling extra terrible right now. I have a kitty that’s pregnant and due any time in the next week (I’m guessing). I’ve been so caught up with researching cat pregnancy and labor/delivery that I never thought to peak into her ears! She showed up at our house and I should have thought of this since she was outside. I noticed her scratching her ear like crazy for the first time tonight, followed by a shake of her head. She looked so annoyed, poor thing! I hate that she’s pregnant of all things AND has nasty ear mites! Is there any medication for ear mites that’s safe for pregnant and nursing cats (if I am to treat daily for a period of time, she may have her kittens then)? I read online that I could clean her ears with diluted ACV with water, but more on the diluted side since it could irritate her skin. Would it be wise or help relieve them to clean them with a cotton ball? Until I can pickup the proper end tomorrow? See the attached picture. Thanks for your help!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You’ll want to get her to a vet to clean her ears and prescribe meds for her ear mites. She can be wormed too. All should be safe for a pregnant mom. Can you see the vet?

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go to the vet and they can clean out her ears with a safe solution and give her a safe medication, most likely Revolution, to get rid of the ear mites.

If you cannot go to the vet, there are ear cleaning solutions, some that are specifically made for mites, at the pet store that you can use with a q-tip to clean out ears.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Best if vet recommends you exact what to give. There is among others Revolution variant for high preg. This is also a dewormer.

Of home remedies a couple of drops of food oil say olive oil may help. The mites suffocate in the fat.