Ear Infection

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Janie's got another ear infection. It's been awhile since she's needed the Tresaderm as I've been able to keep the ear infections at bay with regular ear cleanings..however, her ear got gunky really quickly last week...

She's on day 5 of the Tresaderm and there is still gunky yeast in her ear...would it be wise to wipe out the gunk once?? The vet tech said "no" that it would be irritating to her ear but I'm thinking the yeasty gunk has to be irritating also.

I did clean her ear really well before administering the first dose 5 days ago. I can't remember if the yeast should all clear up by day 7?? it's been a while since I've gone through this with her...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have the answer for you, but I have noticed that once one person answers a post, more tend to follow! Let's see if that works! I'm sorry your girl is having such a miserable time of it.

mainecoonaddict

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From the sound of the "gunk" and the fact that it's not going away I think your cat might not just have an infection but also ear mites. I've also heard Canaural is good for ears so that could be another option.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would get her to the vet and ask for the vet to test for a yeast infection. I had a cat who used to get recurring ear infections. Finally cultured and found out it was yeast. The vet used BNT ear ointment and she never had another infection. We also put her on a daily antihistamine and that help keep her ear inflammation to a minimum.