E Collar.....

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so I've been a pain with a million and one questions this week about my poor boys an his nasty bite he received from another cat.

Well he has hated his E Collar. He goes today to see the vet and hopefully be told he can have it off now but.....

He has been shaking his head and scratching his neck since a day or two after having the E collar on.....i know his ears keep getting stuck inside out against the sides of the collar so I'm happy to assume it is just that However his ears are a little waxy! Now i know you will probably think well ure going the vetvanyway so ask them.....but they are (as I have discovered) money makers and will suggests subscribe for the least thing so I want to be sure I'm not treating my cat unnecessary. So my query is this....there is was there but they was clear before he went to the vets last week, he is up to date with his spot on flea treatment (the one prescribed by the vet) and has just had an E collar on for a week....all this considered do you think it is just literally a wax build up as he hadn't been able to groom himself for a week or do you think it is earmites? If earmites do you think I need treatment or do you think the course of anti-iotics he' just had will have helped treat them too!?

Thanks in advance. I love posting in here as your all so helpful and put my mind at ease!! X

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
not likely earmites. Whenever I ask the vet, they swab it and say no based on a quick visual, after asking me cat history. Likely the ecollar and stress. There is also a cloth type of ecollar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply carebare. You always help put my worry at ease. I just didn' want my poor boy needing to be invaded for more treatment. I go the vetvin an hour I think Il not mention it an see how he gets on after the collar is off and he can have a good groom ☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the verdict is in.....my boy has healed nicely just needs to keep his E Collar on a few more days coz she picked the scab an shaved the fur. Cleaned it all up and said she' happy to discharge him!! We'e happy