E Collar & Pills Advice Plz....

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I haven' posted on here for a while as I've been working crazy hours and my kitty had been doing so so well However (after much deliberation in February i started to let him out when I'm home at evenings or weekends etc......fast forward to now...my poor boys tail was drooping since Saturday morning I took him the vet yesterday and he' been bitten by another cat / dog so he' got pain killers (medicine form) anti-biotics (tablet form) and an E collar on which he hates!!!!

My question is this.....hes a little fiesty so it' hard to get him to take the tablets and it's even harder to get them in him in the collar but it' a nightmare to get back on if I take it off.....ive tried it putting the tablet in his food but he won' take it he eats aroynd it.....what should I do? I' rather him have it if he needs it but he can' lick it, it' clean and not bleeding and the vet cleaned with the solution.....should I just leave giving him the anti biotic? If not please can you suggest how I get him to take it? (I' not the bravest of cat handlers TIA x

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can ask your vet if they can call in the prescription to a compounding pharmacy and get a liquid version of your vet doesn’t already have the liquid version. Pilling a cat is the worst, I hate it,I always ask for the liquid version. Also if it’s an antibiotic, my vet has an antibiotic injection that last two weeks, it’s a little more pricey but to me well worth it. Good luck. Hope he feels better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tink84

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Sydney,

Thank you for your reply. He's actually eaten the tablet in his food now and I'm qute swift with the liquid painkiller now I've got the hang of it lol so he's had that for the day so im just hoping hel eat his 2nd lot of anti-biotics in his food later then if not Il have to consider calling the vet tmrw an see what she suggests.

He must be uncomfortable and in pain because he's just scratched my partner when he was stroking him (He's normally really close with my partner but does sometimes seize the moment in taking sly swipes coz my partner is too trusting and lingers for too long but this was a feisty self self defence act)

I just feel really helpless for the little one and want to comfort and help. I need to clean his wound if hel let Me (doubt he will) it looks so sore xx