Dyson V6 animal cordless vacuum

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid question, I guess, but where does the dirt go in those little stick vacuums?  I'd love to get one, but hesitant because of the cost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Stupid question, I guess, but where does the dirt go in those little stick vacuums?  I'd love to get one, but hesitant because of the cost.
Not a stupid question at all.

There is a tray near the brush head that collects the dirt.

I went ahead and ordered one. It's coming on Friday. I will let everyone know how it works. I bought the 3 year extended warranty from Amazon just in case. . I had a $30 gift card that paid for it.

The photo below shows where the dirt goes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I went ahead and ordered one. It's coming on Friday. I will let everyone know how it works. I bought the 3 year extended warranty from Amazon just in case. . I had a $30 gift card that paid for it.
Just curious, how does your new vacuum cleaner work?  Are you happy with your purchase?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Just curious, how does your new vacuum cleaner work?  Are you happy with your purchase?
I do like it. It's very lightweight, super maneuverable and very powerful. No cord? No problem!!  

The charge lasts about 20 minutes which is fine for me. It is very loud though. None of the furkids like that. Sophie never cared about my old vacuum either way but she runs from this one.

All in all, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. I think it's worth it.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for your review, it sounds like it does a good job. Lightweight and cordless are a plus!

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just weighing in.. i have had Dyson's, I have to say for the huge price-tags.. i am not impressed. they seem to give out very fast.. broken tubing screws falling out plastic strip broke off..im finished with that brand.. 

Now for my kitty clean ups daily.. i use Shark[emoji]174[/emoji] Rotator[emoji]174[/emoji] Freestyle Pro Cordless Vacuum, got at bed bath and beyond with a coupon, i just bought a second for my lower level. The litter robot, this strong cordless, makes easy pickup of litter without scatter behind the unit... it is strong! Picks up dry food easily, hair, i cant believe how much it picks up every night when i vacuum.. this..  and my Litter Genie, for my scooping box,  i still have as a second box for MAxx .. have made my kitty cleanup life so much less of a Chore.. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just found this thread-I haven't tried any of these other brands-I have always bought a Hoover canister with a powerhead. The current vacuum I bought at a yard sale for $15. It has lasted 3 years. The powerhead seized up and doesn't work anymore (my hair wrapped around the beater bar and probably burned out the motor) Now I use the hose part with a hardwood floor attachment that swivels=I used to have the smaller nozzle but it broke after a year. I have to bite the bullet and get a new vacuum but I like this one because the hose is very long so I can reach the cathedral ceilings and get the dust bunnies down from Honeybee's high rise apartment. I also like the retractable power cord. The suction is ok. I heard that the newer vacuums of Hoover don't work as well as the older models=I was told to buy a new powerhead to fix this current vacuum would be over $150 and I would be better off buying a new vacuum-the problem is these newer motors don't last no where's long as the older stuff.

I speculate that the people who design these chose to buy cheaper materials-so the guts of the motor won't last as long because they want us to be a throw away society. So for now I hang on to older vacuums-don't want to spend $300 on a vacuum where the motor burns out faster or other dumb things go wrong.

I know they say the dyson is better-I just haven't found any at yard sales yet. I have carpeted floors and Jon bought some fancy canister vacuum that he uses instead of my old machine=I don't like his because the powerhead isn't angled right to get the dust/litter in the corners of the room. You would think they would have made it with 90 degree corners instead of this weird angle that doesn't get 2" along the wall-so I prefer my old clunky machine. His is quieter-I will look tonight to see what kind it is. The old Hoover I prefer. I like a good sized canister so I don't have to change the bag so often. I can still find the "S" bags for my clunky old vacuum.

I came across this link=there's some images from older catalogues of vacuums that I think you will find interesting. I tried to find my vacuum and they all look the same to me as far as the Hoover-I see some Wind Tunnel then some other models-

http://www.vacuumland.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?19220

I can't complain. It does a decent job but maybe we will find a dyson at a yardsale or online. I am running this one until I kill the motor. I don't like upright vacuums because they are too heavy for me and they don't get underneath things. The attachment I am using now has a cool swivel head so I can get under the kitchen table without pulling out the chairs when I am in a hurry.

The current vacuum I am using is #3 I have bought since I left home. 1994. Can't complain!
The last 2 were given to me from prior relationships so I haven't purchased any new vacuums.

years ago when I used to do commercial cleaning in businesses my boss had this tiny red canister vacuum that was so lightweight and it worked pretty good.  The only thing was the cord wasn't long enough so I usually used an extension cord which I hate doing.  I don't remember what brand it was-never saw anything like this in the store=maybe hunt for commercial vacuums and see if something is cheaper money but holds up better?

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad I found this thread.  I'm considering a Dyson V6 cordless, but just can't make up my mind.

Right now I have 2 Shark Navigators.  The "new" one is probably 3-4 years old, the "old" one is 7 years old I know.  The new white one sucks.  I love the old gray one because the hose attachment is so easy to use, and I use it with the little brush thing to clean the cat trees that are carpeted, suck all the hair and kitty litter off of them.  The white one, well, the end of the hose attachment that you use to clean with is a rigid curved piece, and I just can't maneuver it where I need it to go and the hose is too short.  I would throw that white one away but hubby prefers it instead of the old gray one!  My beater brushes are worn out I think on both of them.  Neither is doing the carpeted bedrooms very well anymore.

I have a Shark floor "sweeper" thing that is rechargeable, pretty good for getting the fur tumbleweeds and floofs flying around, but not that great on kitty litter on the hardwood. 

I have a Shop Vac with a floor attachment that will nearly suck the floorboards up, I love it for occasional deep cleaning to get all dust, etc., but it is a pain in the butt to use and drag around the house.  It's one of the larger ones.  It has the hard, inflexible plastic hose, a very short cord, and is just a pain.  But for sucking power, it's the best.  I could use it instead of the old gray Shark hose to do the cat trees and "hose work", and the interior of the vehicles.

I have a Roomba.  It's an older one, it's 7 years old too, and just a basic model. It is great on low carpet and the kitchen, but mine gets full very fast with kitty litter (messy heathens) and the little tiny "sweeper" brush often slings kitty litter here and there.  Honestly, I don't use it much anymore because it just is faster for me to get out the vacuum and do it myself, or grab the broom and dustpan. It also gets hung and confused and throws error messages if it gets up onto my really floofy area rugs.  And it will jump up there on them.

I get out the broom and dustpan usually and just sweep it all up, but in my opinion (JMHO) it leaves the dust and just gets the particles.

I'm considering getting the Dyson V6 for the floor cleaning and using my old gray Shark to do the cleaning I need to do with the hose part--like the couch wrinkles, the cat trees, baseboards, etc.

My problem on the floors is that I have either hardwood, tile, or high thick shag/frieze type carpet.  My throw rugs are either flat carpet or that really "floofy" shag looking stuff.  My biggest challenge, however, is all the kitty litter tracked all over the house!!  It's everywhere!!  I vacuum with something every single day up and down the hallway, the laundry room, and the paths to and from all 3 litterboxes.  If I can just find something that is "tha bomb" as the kids say for kitty litter pickup I would be happy!  I have much more hard surface than actual "carpet" in my house.

What do you think?  Is the Dyson V6 good enough to tackle every day kitty litter pickup?  My 3 are horrible, even with every type of litter mat known to mankind.  There is even kitty litter on my bathroom counters, the dresser...in the bed....you name it, they get it there.  I just want my floors clean with no crunching!!