Dust Free cat litter?

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been using Dr. Elseys and I do like it. But with 3 cats it's getting a touch expensive. Are there any other dust free clumping clay litters? (I"ve tried pine, etc, and the cats' HATE it.)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe I've ever found one. Even the ones that claim to be dust free still have dust. Clay is soft, the particles rub against each other during packing and after. So there's always dust. (DH has asthma so he notices even the smallest amount of dust off the clay)
There are some that are ok for the cats to dig around in - but you can't just dump the litter into the box, it's better if you scoop it in. These will probably be the ones people call "dust free".

I know, not very helpful. Exactly what non clay litters have you tried? I've tried some pellet ones years ago when I just had Sho (free litter, why not?
). Those are dust free and Sho didn't mind them much. But I didn't like them... stepping on a few pellets barefoot convinced me it couldn't feel great to cat paws.

What about worlds best or swheat scoop?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only one I've found to have the least dust is World's Best Cat Litter, multiple cat formula.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been using Walmarts Special Kitty Litter and there is practically no dust with it. A 27 lb box is no more than 8.00 I think.